Statement of Faith
MBCI is a community of faith, built on Christian values. The foundation of these values is our Statement of Faith.
Some of the central aspects of this Confession are:
- God exists eternally in three persons, Father, Son, and Spirit, infinite in power, holiness and love.
- The Bible is the revelation of God's action and purpose. It is the inspired and authoritative word of God for faith and life.
- God is creator and sustainer of our world, and we who live in it are to use it responsibly and reverently.
- Humans were created in the image of God with a free will to make moral choices. They chose to turn from God, and now are in need of forgiveness and restoration.
- God, through Jesus Christ, has taken the initiative to restore the relationship between humans and God.
- People who accept the grace of God will be forgiven and restored.
- Those who are restored in their relationship to God become part of the Church, through baptism upon confession of faith in Christ.
- The Church exists in the form of local congregations and denominational groupings worldwide.
- In the church, believers celebrate the Lord's Supper in remembrance of Christ.
- The Holy Spirit dwells in Christians and their character reflects the presence of the Spirit.
- By the Holy Spirit's enabling, Christians witness to the presence, power, and love of God in word and deed.
- In a world of self-centredness and violence, Christians are to be peace-makers, loving their enemies, and helping to reconcile others who are in conflict.
- In a world of discrimination, Christians are to treat all people with dignity and respect, regardless of gender, race, nation, creed, or socio-economic status.
- In a world of despair, Christians affirm that God is sovereign in human history, and they live in hope, looking forward to the return of Jesus Christ.