Learning at MBCI
A well-rounded education at MBCI
- MBCI has a long-standing reputation for academic excellence.
- More than 80% of MBCI graduates continue to post-secondary education.
- Small class sizes.
- Advanced Placement courses in English, Mathematics, and Modern Languages are available.
- Students will work together with the International Student team to select courses that enable the student to meet graduation and university entrance requirements. Our timetable allows students to meet academic requirements as well as to explore personal interests such as sciences, fine arts, modern languages and information technology.
- French and German courses offered at basic and advanced levels.
- MBCI boasts excellent performing arts programs such as band, choir and drama.
- MBCI also offers many opportunities for students to play competitive sports, both inter-school and intra-mural.
The school year
- The school year at MBCI goes from the beginning of September until the end of June.
- Courses run all year long. Our school year is divided into two terms.
- There is a two-week winter break at the end of December- beginning of January. There is also a week-long spring break, typically at the end of March. The school is also closed for national holidays.
- Classes begin at 8: 30 am and end at 3: 30. There is a 40 minute lunch break.
Faith and Community at MBCI
- MBCI is a faith-based school. We offer a Christ-centred education. Students are challenged to grow spiritually though Chapel, Biblical Studies, School Life Groups and community service.
- Students who are of other faiths or who do not belong to a particular faith are all welcome in our school. Students are invited to explore their personal spiritual views as they participate in school activities.
- A Campus Pastor is on staff.
- Students are encouraged to participate in community events such as concerts and retreats.