FRIDAY, MARCH 24th, 2017 DAY 1
• The Canada Revenue Agency is currently hiring grade 12 students to work in the Tax Centre. See Mrs. Herr for details; deadline to apply is March 27.
• All students needing to wait at school past 2:30 on Friday - the library will not be open after school and you will need to wait in the Red Gym hallway.
• Willy Wonka:
• Today at lunch in JP – Grandparents & Charlie
• Junior Jazz Band - a reminder - regular rehearsal at lunch today. New music!
• The Manitoba Young Liberals are offering three $600 scholarships to students who will be entering a Manitoba post-secondary institution. Deadline for application is May 9. See Mrs. Herr for application information.
• The Premier’s Healthy Living Award for Youth is a $500 bursary for grade 12 students who have made an outstanding healthy living contribution to their school and/or community in one of the following areas:
• Active living
• Healthy eating
• Mental health promotion
• Safety and injury prevention
• Substance use and addictions
• Tobacco reduction
• Deadline for application is April 28 – for more information see: www.gov.mb.ca/healthyschools/phlay.html.
• Manitoba Credit Unions is offering a Learning Grants Program in the amount of $1000 to eligible grade 12 students for full-time study at a qualifying Canadian college or university. Any student who is a member of a Manitoba Credit Union is eligible to apply. Criteria includes academic achievement, artistic/athletic achievement, community involvement and leadership. See http://www.cricanada.net/learninggrant for more information and application. Deadline for application is April 29, 2017.
• The Business Council of Manitoba is offering scholarships for Aboriginal students in need of financial assistance who are planning on attending a post-secondary institution in Manitoba. See www.businesscouncil.mb.ca for applications and further information. Deadline for application is March 31.
• WMEMS Alumni Scholarship: Grade 12 students who have graduated from WMEMS middle school are welcome to apply for this $1000 scholarship. See wmems.ca/scholarship for further details; deadline to apply is March 24.