MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27th, 2017 DAY 1
- GUITARS, ETC.: Anyone interested in strumming, or learning to strum guitars, ukuleles, banjos, etc. is invited to meet in the Upper Band Room today (Monday, February 27) at lunch.
- All Gr. 6 Students: Your Phys Ed class today during period 4 will be in the Blue Gym.
- All Gr. 9 Boys: Please head to the Drama room instead of the Red Gym for your Phys Ed class today in Period 3. You do not need to bring your gym clothes.
- Someone has mistakenly taken a pair of men’s Sorel winter boots from the library. They are a size 9/10 black boot. Please check the boots in your closet or locker. If you realize your mistake please return the boots to the library. The rightful owner would really like to get them back. Thank you.
- ALL GRADS!!! – Please come to the office ASAP to confirm how you would like your name on your diploma.
- Social Work Discovery Days @ Booth College: Interested grades 11 & 12 students are invited to visit campus on March 3 from 9-12:30 to find out more about the Social Work Program; register at admissions.boothuc.ca. Attendance is limited so register early.
- Ubuntu Medical Clinique – donate $5 or more to help purchase malaria kits for Jackson’s clinic! Money can be given to your SLG teacher or directly to the office! If you or your parents want a tax receipt, grab a handout from the office for more information about writing cheques! Money is coming in – please keep telling others about Jackson and the clinic. Join the MBCI effort versus malaria!
- Grad Photo Retakes are on March 9 in the MPR. Sign-up sheets are in Mrs. Herr’s office.
- ART CLUB - Our next meeting is on Tuesday, February 28th!
- Tuesday: Lean vs. Jagr
- Wednesday: Timbits vs. Girls
- Thursday: Stix vs. Outlaws
- Monday, February 27th will feature a basketball triple header in the red gym:
- 4:30 Grade 9 boys take on Garden City in league play (Grade 9 boys are currently second with GC number one)
- 6:00 Varsity girls playoff game vs Springfield (Varsity girls are second in KPAC tier 2)
- 7:30 Varsity boys playoff game vs River East (Varsity boys are fourth in KPAC tier 1)
- GO HAWKS GO!!!
- Willy Wonka Cast:
- Monday at lunch in the drama room: everyone who is in the Fizzy Lifting Room scene
- MBCI's week at the Optimist Band Festival concluded on Friday morning with the Intermediate Concert Band (8-9) performing in Level 3 at the Convention Centre. All three adjudicators praised the band for their musical interpretation and strong ensemble sound, and all three awarded the band the highest rating of 5-stars, a performance trophy, and a recommendation to the National Concert Band Festival at MusicFest for their program. Congratulations to both the Intermediate Concert Band and the Concert Band (10-12) who by many accounts gave one of the strongest performances from MBCI in recent memory!
- Junior Jazz Band - regular rehearsal at lunch today.
- Willy Wonka Pit Orchestra - rehearsal will run from 3:30 pm - 5:45 pm today in the band room.
- Grade 12 students are reminded of the following early admission deadlines for application:
- Canadian Mennonite University – TOMORROW! February 28
- University of Manitoba – March 1
- University of Winnipeg – March 1
- WMEMS Alumni Scholarship: Grade 12 students who have graduated from WMEMS middle school are welcome to apply for this $1000 scholarship. See wmems.ca/scholarship for further details; deadline to apply is March 24.