MONDAY, APRIL 24, 2017 DAY 4
- CONGRATULATIONS MBCI IMPROV TEAM for placing 8th at the National Improv Competition in Ottawa this past week! There was some fierce improv competition and you rose to be part of the top ten teams and we could not be more proud!
- ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS WRITING AP EXAMS: There will be an important meeting on Tuesday, April 25 in the MPR during period 4 - all students writing AP exams must attend. Please bring a pen and pencil.
- Grade 11 Students: The United Way offers a Community Service Award to students who have set an example for others by volunteering in their school or community and for motivating other students to get involved. If you would like to be considered for this award, see Mrs. Herr for application information. The winners receive a printed and framed certificate as well as an invitation to a reception for award recipients in the fall. The award will be presented during the awards ceremony in June. Deadline for application is April 28.
- REMINDER TO ALL STUDENTS: With the warmer weather comes this friendly reminder about dress code (as found in your Student Life Handbook):
- Muscle shirts and strapless tops are not to be worn in the school.
- Tank tops with spaghetti straps and all tops that expose the midriff and/or have necklines that are too low are unacceptable.
- Undergarments should not be visible.
- Shorts and skirts must be a reasonable length, in keeping with the spirit of the MBCI dress code.
- Students in violation of the dress code will be asked to change or borrow appropriate clothing.
Staff vs. Outlaws Wednesday, April 26
Girls vs. Lean Thursday, April 27
- Badminton Tournaments at MBCI this week
- MBCI is hosting the following badminton tournaments this week:
- RETSD Grade 7 - Monday
- RETSD Grade 8 - Tuesday
- KPAC Grade 9 - Wednesday and Thursday
- JV & Varsity Badminton:
JV KPAC tournament is Monday (24th) & Wednesday (26th)
Varsity KPAC tournament is Tuesday (25th) & Thursday (27th)
- MBCI Boys Soccer
Any boys in grades 9-12 that want to be on MBCI's soccer team the first practice is this Wednesday at 3:40. Please meet on the field weather permitting. (Note: There is no gym space on Wednesday should there be inclement weather. In that case, the practice will be rescheduled)
- MBCI Girls Soccer
The KPAC season starts in two weeks so there will be a meeting this week Tuesday at lunch in Mr. Plett's room to see who is interested in being part of the team. Any girls in grades 9-12 are welcome to attend and try for a spot on the team.
- MBCI Golf
Any students in grades 7-12 who are interested in golf, check in with Mr. Plett (room 5202). The annual MBCI golf tournament is May 25th at Larters.
- Willy Wonka:
- Monday/Tuesday: Full dress rehearsals with makeup/costume/props. Pictures will be taken. ALL CAST IS REQUIRED AT BOTH DRESS REHEARSALS.
- Monday's call is 3:45 with cast getting their make up on.
- Tuesday's call is TBA based on Monday.
- Monsanto Canada is offering $1500 scholarships for students entering their first year of college or university studies in agriculture, food science or culinary arts. Deadline is June 15; applications can be accessed at www.monsanto.ca.
- Manitoba Credit Unions is offering a Learning Grants Program in the amount of $1000 to eligible grade 12 students for full-time study at a qualifying Canadian college or university. Any student who is a member of a Manitoba Credit Union is eligible to apply. Criteria includes academic achievement, artistic/athletic achievement, community involvement and leadership. See http://www.cricanada.net/learninggrant for more information and application. Deadline for application is April 29, 2017.
- The Manitoba Young Liberals are offering three $600 scholarships to students who will be entering a Manitoba post-secondary institution. Deadline for application is May 9. See Mrs. Herr for application information.
- The Premier’s Healthy Living Award for Youth is a $500 bursary for grade 12 students who have made an outstanding healthy living contribution to their school and/or community. The Premier’s Healthy Living Award for Youth is a $500 bursary for grade 12 students who have made an outstanding healthy living contribution to their school and/or community.