MBCI is excited to bring Christian faith and the business world together through the Ventures Program, available to all grade 9 - 12 students in 2017-2018. MBCI students will be challenged to understand the fundamentals of business and leadership, while incorporating our faith and values.
Ventures is a valuable option for high school students interested in pursuing a future career in a commerce related field such as economics, entrepreneurship, business, marketing, technology, finance or to develop valuable leadership skills applicable to any profession. Ventures will be offered in a newly renovated classroom designed to complement the business learning experience.
“Business education programs provide rich opportunities for relevant, real world learning experiences. These experiences, often taught using a project-based learning approach, reinforce high academic standards and at the same time provide authentic contexts in which students can apply what they learn.” (National Business Education Association)
- Students graduating with a certificate in the Ventures Program will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and character necessary for business leadership roles.
- Graduates of the program will develop an understanding of Christian ethics and philanthropy in business.
- Students will have an opportunity to engage with and understand emerging technologies used in business.
- Students will be inspired to think differently through partnerships with our constituent business leaders and post secondary institutes for an experience that includes:
• Interactive Classroom Learning
• On-site Tours
• Business Career Conference
• Business Interview Fair
• Ethics and Philanthropy Education
MBCI Ventures Certificate Requirements:
- Business Innovation
- Accounting Essentials
- Economic Principles
- Ventures Portfolio